ROLC | Kids Job Description
This position is a great opportunity for the right person to join our team and serve in a growing multi-cultural, contemporary, presence driven church. The position could potentially be full time depending on the candidate’s experience and flexibility.
To provide leadership and direction that creates a life-giving atmosphere of vibrant and enticing discipleship and evangelism for the children, parents, and River of Life Church Kids Teams of River of Life Church. This oversight includes direct responsibility for Nursery, Preschool, Kids Church, Wednesday night Kids Connect and Check-in.
Lifestyle and Christian witness
Qualified applicants are those who have demonstrated the following:
• Christian maturity in their leadership and personal life.
• A desire to live an exemplary lifestyle and maintain a Christian witness to others.
• A proven commitment to discipleship and service in the local church including faithful attendance, regular serving,
healthy submission to authority, and giving financially.
Experience, Knowledge & Skills Required:
• Ephesians 4:11-13. Develop a team that is fully qualified to serve the Lord by serving one another.
• Ability to communicate the Gospel through various means to children at various ages.
• Leadership background and experience serving with kids/teens and a proven passion for children and parents.
• Proven ability to lead volunteers.
• Project management experience.
• Ability to articulate and implement the vision of River of Life Church.
• Exceptional leadership and communication skills.
• Superior interpersonal skills working with a variety of people from members to parents to kids.
• Solid theological grounding.
• Positive attitude and approach to problem solving. Must be solution-oriented.
• Computer competency in Microsoft Office or Mac pages and ability to quickly learn web-based church management
software and other applications.
• Strong organizational and time management skills and pursuit of excellence through attention to detail.
• Must be a self-starter and internally motivated.
• Experience with Orange curriculum is a plus.
• Experience using Planning Center Online is a plus..
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
• Represent River of Life Church’s mission, vision, and values and create a team culture that reflects its values.
• Maintain strong communication and relationship with Lead Pastor to ensure the vision of the Lead Pastor is
implemented in all aspects of kids ministry.
• Lead and build teams to execute all aspects of children’s ministry for weekend gatherings.
• Recruit, develop, and train high quality leaders for team roles including background checks.
• Develop integrated training processes for nursery, preschool, kids church, and check-in team members.
• Work closely with team leaders and analyze effectiveness of programming and adjust as needed.
• Maintain children’s ministry facility standards.
• Maintain monthly rotation schedules for each team.
• Maintain consistent communication with teachers providing them with the lesson and materials for each week.
• Maintain consistent communication with parents including monthly email updates, and parent cues.
• Help develop and maintain all security standards.
• Track growth for future development.
• Oversee lesson planning for all children while creating a fun atmosphere for each theme.
• Serve as lead teacher for Sunday morning KIDS church. Availability to teach 3 out of 4 weeks per month
(until teaching team is developed).
• Assist with special event planning to include Easter and Christmas Services.
• Lead team meetings and empower teams to fulfill their unique roles.
• Oversee and develop all internal and external communication that represents River of Life Church.
• Maintain inventory count of all KIDS Supplies.